Sales in the Subscription Economy #8
Let's level with each other for a second.
We're all feeling the devastating effects of the global pandemic – this is uncharted territory for everyone. Despite some bouts of debilitating anxiety, the first round of absolutely devastating COVID-19 deaths in our small city, unexpectedly homeschooling, and sanitizing endless deliveries, (I know you can empathize), my mission is to help get subscription sales leaders back in the saddle with a confident team roaring to go!
Salespeople doing what they do best (sell!) is what's going to bring our economy back to life. Your team is relying on your leadership more than ever to provide the right playbook to get the job done.
To that end, today I'm releasing the Sales in the Subscription Economy Podcast – a conversation with Sales VPs for Sales VPs competing in the subscription economy who are trying not to just survive this crisis, but emerge from it even better.
If you want in on that, listen up – the sales experts I'm interviewing share boatloads of practical, sage wisdom that you can start implementing with your sales team today.
Listen to episodes 1-3 at subscriptioncoach.com/podcast or subscribe on your favorite podcast app. This is brand new, so please leave a review so others can find it, too, and fast!
Here's what you need to know this week:
The following 3 articles are all written in bullet point format in their original glory. I've included my favorite quote & a link to each below. Skim them all!
4 Behaviors that help leaders manage a crisis by Chris Nichols, Shoma Chatterjee Hayden and Chris Trendler
Best takeaway quote:
"The best leaders quickly process available information, rapidly determine what matters most, and make decisions with conviction.[...] Leaders must break through the inertia to keep the organization trained on business continuity today while increasing the odds of mid- to long-term success by focusing on the few things that matter most."
3 ways to shift your sales approach during a crisis by Quina Turner of SalesBQ
Best takeaway quote:
"Now is not the time to be paralyzed into silence by fear. As salespeople, we are people of influence. The world needs our positive energy and grit now more than ever. We need to fight to stay in business by throwing ourselves into helping our prospects and bettering ourselves."
The personal touch: how to enhance your relatability in sales pitches by Eleni Hagen on the Predictable Revenue blog
Best takeaway quote:
"In sales, your goal should be to remain as relatable as possible, no matter the product or situation. And a thoughtful combination of technology, earnest communication, empathy, and flexibility –– plus a little bit of syntactical style –– can help you do just that."
"We know from past crises, in fact, that companies that take a slash-and-hold approach fare worse than those that both prune and thoughtfully invest." -McKinsey
As sales leaders, we're living our worst nightmares right now.
The good news is, this won't, and can't, last forever.
We all have a laundry list of*"problems I'll tackle someday..."*tucked away in the junk drawer of our desks.
That day is today.
Where do you want to be when we finally kick this virus' ass? Is it right back where you were at the beginning of 2020, or would you like to get your business in order and poised to dominate your market?
We're all on a tight budget, myself included. Here's a value-laden, customized-for-you offering that comes in on budget and will fix underlying, inherent problems in your subscription sales process. It's designed to make you a more efficient, effective, and value-forward sales organization.
The particulars: Sales Strategy Sessions + Roadmap
- Book a 30 minute call with me to see if this is a good fit and if I can promise the results you need to justify the $5K spend. No obligations, no pressure. Seriously. If we move forward:
- 90 minute kickoff & discovery call designed to tease out the roadblocks (both big & small) standing in the way of your success.
- Two 90 minute high-octane, precisely planned, extremely focused & efficient, outcome-oriented strategy calls to begin work on solving roadblocks uncovered from our discovery call.
- I'll then deliver a customized roadmap within 48 hours of our third phone call detailing the practical, achievable steps for overcoming the toughest obstacles you're facing right now.
- One 30 minute follow up call to answer further questions and/or clarify any points after the roadmap is delivered.
- Fee: $5,000 ($2,500 up front and $2,500 after the roadmap is delivered)
- Guarantee: If you're not excited and confident about the value you're going to receive from our work together after our first 90 minute call, I'll refund my full fee on the spot.
"An hour with Amanda was time very well spent! It sparked a lot of discussion among our team and has led to meaningful changes in how we approach sales. Count yourself among the luckiest of salespeople if you get to spend time with Amanda."\
- Jimmy Daly, Marketing Director | Animalz
"Why spend 6 months of burn looking for answers if you can just spend a few hours picking Amanda's brain? She knew what questions to ask, did a thorough assessment of my subscription box business, and helped set me on the right path toward scaling."\
- Jack Benzaquen, Founder & CEO | Duradry
"Amanda has gone above and beyond as a consultant for us. She has a depth of knowledge that has helped us to solve some business problems we've been unable to tackle in house. Her assistance has been invaluable to us and I would recommend her marketing and sales expertise to anyone."\
- Matt Tagliavia, Senior Director of Marketing | InventHelp
Book that 30 minute exploratory call with me right now – let's get your sales machine operating at full strength!
Follow me on Twitter @NorthcuttAmanda